I guess you already know that I love healthy food. The feeling of eating a healthy meal is the best! Now it’s autumn and that means it’s pumpkin time. I love cooking a healthy pumpkin meal. In this blog post I want to show you how to cook a yummy and healthy meals that is also vegetarian. This recipe is for one big cooking pot (you can see the one I took in the pictures below) or for 4 to 6 people.
For the soup you need:
2 little Pumpkins
Ca. 12 Carotts
Herbs and Spices
2 Cans of Coconut Milk
Margarine or Butter
1. At first you put the pumkins into the oven on 160°C for 30 minutes. This will help you when you have to slice them into little bits.
2. While the pumkins are in the oven you can wash, peel and slice the carrots and the onion into cubes and put them into the cooking pot afterwards (also add a bit of margarine or butter)
3. When the pumkins are soft enough to sclice you can put them out of the oven. You don’t have to peel them because the shell is able to be eaten. Just remove the stems and then you can slice the pumkins in 4 halves each. Now it’s time to remove the cores.
4. After that you slice the pumkins into cubes as well and add them to the carrots and onion in the cooking pot.
5. Now sauté the carrots, punkings and onion for a few minutes.
6. The next step is to add water to the cooking pot. The vegetables should be just covered. Now it has to cook until the vegetables are soft so that you can puree.
7. If the vegetables are soft enough to puree, you can start with that. (Be careful, it can sqirt!)
8. Now the soup is almost done. You only have to add the coconut milk and some herbs and spices. Add as much as you want.
9. Now it’s finally time to eat and to enjoy a healthy and easy meal.